Thursday, February 18, 2010

One Liners

Read a great book called I'm Dying Up Here that tells the story of the stand-up comedy scene in Los Angeles during the late seventies. It has influenced me to throw a blog out there of nothing but one liners. They won't be funny, but more or less soundbites, which by the way, seems all people can fully absorb these days.

The Cavs preferred to have both Antawn Jamison and J.J. Hickson instead of just Amare Stoudemire, but next year this move could lead to only having Antawn Jamison and J.J. Hickson.

I would look for the Cavs to struggle early in the second part of the season, the same way the Cavs struggled at the beginning of the season with new additions to the lineup.

It's down to six teams for the NBA championship: Mavericks, Lakers, Nuggets, Magic, Celtics, and Cavs, I like the Mavericks after Big-Z signs with them.

To go a little further, yes I think Big Z is going to hold this against the Cavs and yes, I think he will be bought out and sign with the Mavericks.

I buy Tiger's apology, he is a broken man, I also buy into the fact that HE OWES US ALL ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, SO DEAL!

I am about 4 seconds away from recording a "Leave Tiger Alone!" video, the guy made multiple slime ball moves, but he didn't cheat on you.

My favorite show on ESPN, First Take, say what you want about Skip Bayless, I always liked the bad guy in professional wrestling, infinitely more interesting.

I'm am not concerned about Ohio State's "weak" recruiting class, too many legendary Buckeyes were sub-3 star recruits.

I'm much more concerned that a 13-year old already committed to USC, can we just start paying these guys already, it's a professional business.

Ohio State will not win a National Championship this season, away games at Wisconsin and Iowa will be the culprit.

I'd be much more interested in the Olympics if the writers of The View weren't producing every back-story for these games, hey its a competition!

The Indians held a press conference during the Cavs Antawn Jamison press conference to announce that Mark Shapiro will be promoted to team president..................next year! (I take back my initial comment that these one-liner wouldn't be funny, that's hilarious)

I find it ironic that Mark Shapiro has the same number of syllables as irrelevant.

The Browns 2010 draft? How did the Ravens and Steelers look when their franchise safeties were injured? Berry or Mays please!

Anyone else concerned that there might not be any football or basketball in 2011? I'm not, too many people will loose too much money.

PCPOTW (Pop Culture Pick of The Week)

How about the movie Grizzly Man. One my fondest memories of college was watching When Animals Attack while my roommate Scott openly cheered for the animals, he would love this flick. The film documents a human loony tune as he spends 11 years in Alaska living amongst the grizzly bear. Yes, it ends badly and yes, it's incredibly interesting. I would go ahead and put this at the top of your Netflix queue. Is it wrong to feel sympathy for someone, and yet still think they got whats coming to them in 2 hour period? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers