Friday, April 16, 2010

Been A Long Time

I am busy this time of year, so running my mouth about sports takes a back seat to some serious putting my head down and plowing through. Anyways here is a little something.

I was much more intrigued by Tiger Woods battle with himself during The Masters than his battle with a so-called good guy in Phil Mickelson. The media exploited the comparison of Tiger's ridiculous behavior to Mickelson standing by his wife during her battle with cancer. First of all, why is that celebrated? Chris Rock said it best, "s&*% you're supposed to do." Second, why is the media writing about the easy thoughts that Joe Handicap (Golf Fan) has in his head? I expect more from professionals.

Tiger's internal battle to control himself on the golf course is intriguing to me. His arrogance is the source of these outbursts. He can't fathom why he, the greatest ever, should not have everything go his way during a match. Tiger is mentally strong, but his arrogance has become his downfall. He realized this when it came to women, he now needs to realize this when it comes to golf.

That folks, is the last time I will ever talk about golf.

I'm pretty sure ESNP's NFL analyst Adam Schefter hasn't slept in 3 years. Follow him on Twitter Adam_Schefter. I go to bed he is tweeting, I wake up and he hasn't stopped. I'd like to buy him a coffee and spike it with Ambien. Relax, he would only nod off for five minutes and then answer a tweet from moron Browns fan. "Are da Browns gonna draft Thaddeus Gibson in da first round, ya know keep it local?"

Speaking of the draft, here is what I think the Browns need to do with their 12 picks to finally become a contender. Superman, Batman, Aquaman, The Rock Monster from The Neverending Story, Kasier Soze, Thor, Dusty Rhodes circa 1979, Mufasta (every team needs a bad guy), Glen Danzig post-Misfits, The entire cast of The Outsiders, AC Slater, and then maybe take runner on Bowling Green wide out Freddie Barnes.

I am dubbing the paring of Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards in New York, Cops and Drops. One gets caught while the other can't catch. It's the perfect "buddy" picture.

Baseball started up............still broken. My highlight so far? The San Diego Padres selling their advertising space behind home plate to Aladdin Bail Bonds. Good, I was looking for a reason to never visit San Diego. Sea World, The San Diego Zoo, great weather, Ron freaking Burgundy, all ruined by baseball and Aladdin Bail Bonds.



PCPOTW (Pop Culture Pick Of The Week)



My girlfriend bought two album-frames and then proceeded to hand up both her Postal Service and Radiohead records. I protested, she relented, and then told me I could hang up two of my selections. My choices; two records that would mug, rob, and destroy her picks. The Misftis Static Age and Minor Threat's complete collection of singles. I cannot sit here and give you any description that would do these recordings justice. Buy them, download them, steal them, I don't care. Find a way to educate yourself on the real deal.


Oh, our cat eventurally jumped up on the couch and knocked down The Misfit's Static Age, or so I was told by my girlfriend.

1 comment:

  1. I like the direction you're taking the Browns with your picks but you overlooked a few prospect that could step in as immediate starters. For one, General Maximus Decimus Meridius...I think he'll still be on the board in round 3. The Browns just have to make sure they stay away from Commodus in the later rounds to prevent locker room tension. Also, I think that the Browns should look for offensive line depth in the later rounds by targeting Zangief from Street Fighter. In case Joe Thomas goes down, Zangief could be a nice insurance policy...I would also not be upset if the Browns took a flier on Raiden.

    ReplyDelete

Followers