Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Keep Em Coming

Can't stay away, this has become a nice distraction from other, more stressful aspects of my life, so here is some more. I just got back from a day in Battleboro, Vermont. It took me a little more than three years, but I finally have stepped foot in every New England state, my favorite; Connecticut. Why?, because it's where I catch a plane to get the hell out of here.

So, Lebron tells us his elbow injury isn't a big deal. To quote Tommy Boy, "I'm not buying it, next thing you know change is missing from your drawer and your daughters' knocked up, I've seen it a million times." And I have seen it a million times, star athletes playing through pain and not being able to do what they normally do to win games. Paging Phillip Rivers in the 2007 AFC championship game.

If the Cavs do win a championship this year, everything is lining up for a dramatic story. Not only will Lebron be fighting an apparent nagging elbow injury on his shooting arm, but he will have to beat that last two teams that eliminated him from the playoffs in the last two years. Boston this round, and most likely Orlando in the Eastern Conference Finals.

To be honest, I'm not sold they can beat Boston. That team is still loaded despite their age and the Cletics have a clear advantage in the point guard match up. Rajon Rondo is beyond better than Mo Williams, its almost hilarious when you think about it. I am dubbing it "The Real Deal" vs. "The Deal." "The Deal" is a reference to Cavs GM Danny Ferry basically getting Mo Williams for literally absolutely nothing in a trade with the Bucks. The only catch, apparently Mo does ABSOLUTELY nothing in big games.

I will say this about Celtics vs. Cavs, there will be a fight. Doc Rivers will tell his team to go after Lebron's elbow, they're a veteran team, this is what veteran's do when they reach a certain age; they play dirty. I'll be honest I haven't wanted a Cleveland sports team to beat another team this badly since the Browns couldn't put away the Denver Broncos in three different AFC championship games. New England has had an embarrassment of riches over the last decade and we come to find out two of those teams "allegedly" may have been cheating. I hope there is a fight in this series and I hope we beat them badly, in both the skirmish and the series. Last year the Sawwwwwx were swept in ALDS and the Patriots were blown-out by the Ravens in the first round of the NFL playoffs. If the Celtics we're destroyed on the court and "in the ring" it would be the sports equivalent of social justice. Combine all three early exits and one could say it's Divine intervention. Yes, God hates New England =)

Ah, you're probably thinking my hatred for the Celtics is unhealthy. It is, but I don't have the time to sort that out, so I am going with it.......and it feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers